Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I need advice

I have the best neighbors. They are a young couple with two young daughters that Sammy falls right in between. They play together all the time. This man, Bert, is the kindest man in the world. Sometimes I find that he has taken my trash out or done other things just because he's a good and kind person. He's always happy and always happy to help. Julie is truly one of those people that you can't help but love immediately. She is darling and kind and good. I just found out that they lost their full term baby yesterday. She was due today. Yesterday was also her birthday. My heart is broken for this sweet young couple. I don't know what happened and won't know for a while, but feel a need to do something for them. I just don't know what to do. Last month when Mike (katy and Jane's dad) passed away, they brought over cookies and a card to express their sympathy. This is SO much bigger than that and I want to do something, but what. I have never lost a child and have no idea what I can do. Hugging her and saying "sorry you lost your baby" doesn't even begin to express how I'm feeling for her and Bert. I don't know if anyone that will read this has gone through something similar or knows someone that has that they can ask. I just want to know what will they need and how can I help, and is there a small gift that would mean something special that I could get for Julie? I need advice. So please ask around and try to help me know how to handle this and how I can help them.