Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm a new woman!

I don't love birthdays. I never really have. I try really hard to make it a special day for my kids, but I'm not that mom that does big parties or makes a big deal out of birthdays in general. I just wasn't raised that way, and am really busy and stressed most of the time. However, this year was different for me. Last week my mom asked me if we could celebrate my birthday (April 23rd) on Sunday with our sunday dinner. Sure. However, Emily wanted to come and couldn't so we switched it to monday night. It was forcasted to be amazing weather for April 23rd, so I said that I would like a big BBQ and it was done! Monday I was there by 4:30 and by 5 the party was on. Everyone was there, including some good friends that are practically family. We ate more food than should be legal and anyone knowing our family knows that a party isn't a party without a million different desserts. So in DeLong fashion, we had I think 5 or 6 different desserts. My wonderful Sis-in-law drove down to SLC to get a cheesecake that she knows I love and everyone else did something too. I sat and enjoyed all of it. I loved it so much, that all of these people that I enjoy so much are my family and that they all care enough to come and just hang out and eat. It was amazing and the best day ever. Weird!  I loved it. I had the best birthday ever honestly and am so grateful to have such an amazing family. I have a great life. I have so much to be thankful for and am amazed at the life I have been given and all of the blessings that I enjoy. I couldn't ask for much more really.

0 comments: