Cole's elementary school was chosen for the cool school of the week on Fox 13 Good Day Utah. Big Buddah was there all morning and Cole had to be at the school at 6 am. He had a great time and we were even able to see him for a few seconds at a time!!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Saturday, January 26, 2008
My sisters had this on their blogs and I thought it was very enjoyable to read. So here is my version....
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) -Fred Escalade
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (favorite ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) -jamoca snickerdoodle (okay so that doesn't invoke a whole lot of fear!)
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name) MRas (I am almost tempted to delete this one altogether. Dumb)
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) -Purple Giraffe
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) - Boyce Mt. Pleasant (I don’t have a middle name, so I'll use the middle name of my last born child)
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first) -Rasmi
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink) -The Pink Diet Coke - Okay, that one just stinks. It invokes absolutely no fear of confidence! If your city was being taken over by a horrible villian, would someone saying "don't worry, The Pink Diet Coke" will save us instill a whole lot fo hope? I don't think so - maybe if we just used the initials DC for diet coke - "don't worry, The Pink DC will save us" does sound a little better, but not much!
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers) -Samuel Joseph (Uh, that is my brother’s name)
9. STRIPPER NAME: (the name of your favorite scent/perfume/cologne, favorite candy) – Green Tea Bit O Honey (I have to admit, that does have a certain ring to it unfortuntely. Maybe I missed my true calling in life - to be a soap star and a stripper - wouldn't Casey think that he had really hit the jackpot then. Oh wait, he really did hit the jackpot -he has me, which is a whole lot of drama, but not a whole lot of strippin - how lucky is he !!
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ) – Ines Smart
11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter) - Schmidt Salsbury (not to shabby - although I'm really not sure if she was my 4th or 5th grader teacher)
12. SPY NAME/BOND GIRL: (your favorite season/holiday, flower) - Summer Peony (now that really does sound like I bond girl - where do I sign up because I think that I would make an excellent one really!)
13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”) – Clementine Socky (how original can the last name really be - there are only a certain number of things a person can be wearing at a given time)
14. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree) - Roll Willow
15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”) - The Redecorating Sun Tour (is that really any good - I guess it does invoke some sort of wonder, which is what rock star names are all about)
Posted by soapstarmom at 12:00 PM
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Katy was so brave today and I really am so proud of her. She got her hair cut and is donating it to "locks of love". It can now be used to make wigs for children that have medical conditions or treatments that prevent them from having hair. A much better use of the hair if you ask me. She was REALLY nervous - after all, that hair has been with her for years and was her pride and joy. She hasn't let me do more than trim it in years. However, I think that she looks absolutely adorable with her new look and much more grown up. When we got home I measured how much was cut - 16 INCHES!!!!! I can't believe that she actually had that much to cut off.
Posted by soapstarmom at 5:03 PM
So, I know that for some of you this may not be anything to scream "Hallelujah" over, but to me it is definetly worth a grandious hallelujah chorus. Are you ready for this - Sammy has now slept for 2 nights in a row for 12 straight hours!!!! Amazing isn't it. I have worked for the last month to get to this point with him and I'm telling you it hasn't been a joy ride. Anyone who says that their babies just "automatically" sleep through the night at 2 months old, are either lying, have amnesia, or for some odd reason have the one in a million baby that really does just "sleep through the night". But for the rest of us mothers out there, it does take work and training to get them to sleep through an entire night. I feel like I deserve an oscar (and one for Jen in supporting actress role since I called her continually asking her how to do it since she is the master of training babies to sleep well). I really am so happy! Now if I could just get him to take good naps.
Truly though, he is the sweetest baby in the world. He's so sweet that I'm just about ready to have another one.
Posted by soapstarmom at 9:42 AM
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Monday, January 14, 2008
This is the most recent addition - Samuel Boyce. He was born November 8th, 2007.
Posted by soapstarmom at 7:48 PM
Posted by soapstarmom at 7:39 PM